Friday 28 March 2014

Debating Final :D

So as I said in a previous post (Debating Update!) I got through to the Final of the Leinster Schools Debating Competition which was held this Tuesday.
source
After an intense week of preparation I was really excited for the competition, and there was a lot of build up and anticipation throughout the week.
  After a controversial change of venue, now held in UCD, the motion for debate was 'This House Believes That Dictatorships Are A Legitimate Form of Government', and Juliette and I were opposing.
  After an extremely tight debate, the result was announced that CBC Monkstown was the winning team.
  I really enjoyed the experience and was extremely happy with how far I had got, considering it was my first year in Senior Debating! It was a great night on all accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment